Artist Studios: How to apply for a studio
All interested artists are strongly encouraged to make a visit to see the studios and to meet us informally prior to making an application.
To arrange a visit or to apply for a studio space at Cambridge Artworks, please contact the Applications Team or call 01223 309393 to leave a message.
Before contacting us please download and read the Application Notes on the links bellow.
- Artists will be required to submit the following:
- Application fee of £10 (payable to Cambridge Artworks Ltd)
- A completed application form (downloaded from this website).
- A brief artist statement about your practice (approx 300 words).
- Curriculum Vitae (including qualifications, awards, exhibitions and commissions.)
- Visual documentation of your work in the form of 10 – 12 images, digital and printed formats. Images should be listed separately with the following details included: Title; Medium; Date; Dimensions (in cm).
- Two references (personal and professional).
The Applications Team will consider the following criteria:
- The quality of the work.
- Practice demonstrating commitment, evidence of genuine critical investigation and innovative artistic exploration.
- A willingness to contribute to the running of Cambridge Artworks co-operative as well as being an active member at meetings and events.
- An interest in contributing to discussions, and sharing ideas from artistic practice and/or academic inquiry.
- Your need for a studio; how your work will benefit from being part of the Cambridge Artworks co-operative.
The Selection Process
- Applications are reviewed every 4 months in order to determine the applicant’s suitability for a studio space. The deadlines for receiving applications are: 1st March, 1st June, 1st September, and 1st December.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified and application material returned as soon as possible.
- Successful applicants will be placed on a shortlist in order of suitability, according to the selection criteria and spaces available.
- Suitable candidates will be invited for an informal meeting prior to offer of a studio space.
- Successful applicants not initially offered a space will be held on file for consideration at the next selection meeting.
- Meanwhile, should a space become available, artists on the waiting list will be contacted to see if they still require a studio space.
- At the next selection meeting, all successful applicants will be reconsidered for available spaces.
- On taking up a studio, all artists are required to submit an artist’s statement (approx. 250 words) and at least two images for inclusion on our website.
Application materials should be sent to:
Cambridge Artworks Ltd
5 Green’s Road
Before making an application please download and read the following files.