Artist Studios: How to apply for a studio
All interested artists should make make an expression of interest to Cambridge Artworks at present via email email@example.com. When a studio becomes available, we will contact you to see if you are still interested, and at that point we will ask you to make a formal application. You are strongly encouraged to make a visit to see the studios and to meet us informally prior to making an application.
To arrange a visit or to apply for a studio space at Cambridge Artworks, please contact the Applications Team via email. please do not contact us by phone, as we are very slow to respond.
Before contacting us please download and read the Application Notes on the links bellow.
Artists will be required to submit the following:
- A completed application form (downloaded from this website).
- A brief artist statement about your practice (approx 300 words).
- Curriculum Vitae (including qualifications, awards, exhibitions and commissions.)
- Visual documentation of your work in the form of 10 – 12 images, digital and printed formats. Images should be listed separately with the following details included: Title; Medium; Date; Dimensions (in cm).
- Two references (personal and professional).
The Applications Team will consider the following criteria:
- The quality of the work.
- Practice demonstrating commitment, evidence of genuine critical investigation and innovative artistic exploration.
- A willingness to contribute to the running of Cambridge Artworks co-operative as well as being an active member at meetings and events.
- An interest in contributing to discussions, and sharing ideas from artistic practice and/or academic inquiry.
- Your need for a studio; how your work will benefit from being part of the Cambridge Artworks co-operative.
The Selection Process
- When a studio becomes available, the applications team will assess new applications and select all those that meet the applications criteria and present them to the membership for a vote on which applicant should be offered the studio.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified as soon as possible.
- Successful applicants will be notified as soon as possible and asked to come in to Artworks to sign the appropriate paperwork.
- On taking up a studio, all artists are required to submit an artist’s statement (approx. 250 words) and at least two images for inclusion on our website.
Application materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Application Team in the email header.
Before making an application please download and read the following files.